How does DoggCatcher use each of the permissions that are required?
Some of the permissions below are required only for optional features within the application. The Android framework does allow for conditionally requiring these permissions based on usage of features.
- BLUETOOTH - to detect when a bluetooth device is connected to start playing audio
- INTERNET - to update feeds and download media files from the internet
- WAKE_LOCK - to keep device awake when updating feeds or downloading media files
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - to check if wifi is connected to enable download conditions
- READ_LOGS - to send debug logs to developer when user requests
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - to start the application upon boot (if configured)
- VIBRATE - to vibrate the phone when the next button is pressed
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to save media files to the SD card
- GET_ACCOUNTS - to get a list of google accounts to select from when importing feeds
- GET_TASKS - some devices require this to launch DoggCatcher in response to headset connect events
- USE_CREDENTIALS - to authenticate to google reader to import feeds (you will be required to authorize the use of accounts the first time you try to import from them).
- CHECK_LICENSE - validates the license with the google market app
- READ_PHONE_STATE - detect when calls are being made so audio can be paused