Back to Top

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
daveg4828
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 12 months ago
Joined: 03/30/2017 - 16:16
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException

For the Freakonomics Radio, Planet Money, This American Life, Radio Lab, and Serial Podcasts I get the below error when trying to download.

Event: Download failure - 'podcast name' - 'episode title'
Detail: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found.

I installed dog catcher on a second phone and they download just fine.

It has been doing this since November of 2016.

I searched and found one related issue but no solution.

WayneC
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 02/23/2011 - 22:28
What version of the app are

What version of the app are you running, this issue was resolved since version 1.2.4143 released 04-27-2016

daveg4828
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 12 months ago
Joined: 03/30/2017 - 16:16
I am running 1.2.5268

I am running 1.2.5268
I have also tried backing up my podcasts, uninstalling the app, re-installing from the play store, and just suscribing to the problem podcasts (without restoring the backup) but get the same error.

WayneC
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 02/23/2011 - 22:28
Handshake Exception

Since this problem only occurs on this particular device

1. Does this problem only happen using either WiFi or mobile network connection or both?

2. Is there any A/V or HTTPS everywhere type of apps that could be blocking a network connection or requiring https to DC installed on this device?

3. Does the problem happen to other feeds or just the Freakonomics Radio, Planet Money, This American Life, Radio Lab, and Serial podcasts?

daveg4828
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 12 months ago
Joined: 03/30/2017 - 16:16
1. I get the error on both

1. I get the error on both WIFI and over the mobile network
2. I don't use any HTTPS software or anthing that would force https
3. Only the feeds mentioned cause errors

WayneC
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 02/23/2011 - 22:28
Try editing the RSS URL on

Try editing the RSS URL on one of the feeds, change from http: to https: to see if that fixes the problem, press the feeds tab>scroll down and press "Planet Money">press the settings icon on the episode screen (3rd icon from right) >add an "S" to the http:>Press OK> press the refresh icon to update the feed (Circular Arrow)

If this solution fails to resolve the problem, I'm not sure what else to suggest to fix the issue..since it only happens this particular device and I can't reproduce it.

Send a log right after the error happens again (DC Navigation Menu>More>Report Problem) I'll check it out to see if there is something else that might be the cause of the problem.

daveg4828
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 12 months ago
Joined: 03/30/2017 - 16:16
I tried HTTPS same result

I tried HTTPS same result
I sent 2 sets of error logs one set for HTTPS and one for HTTP
Look for 2 e-mails with subject javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException

WayneC
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 02/23/2011 - 22:28
HTTPS

I've asked Eric (DC Dev) to take a look at the logs you sent, because I didn't see anything related to the app that could be the cause of the problem.

daveg4828
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 12 months ago
Joined: 03/30/2017 - 16:16
Thanks

Thanks

daveg4828
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 12 months ago
Joined: 03/30/2017 - 16:16
I Figured it out

I Figured it out
For some reason my handset was not trusting the "globalsign nv-sa" Certificate Authority.
On my Samsung Note 4 I went to Security, Trusted Credentials (Display trusted CA Certificates), clicked the system cert tab, and then turned on trust for globalsign nv-sa. After that everything worked great.
If only had time to listen to 70+ hrs of podcast, fortunately the variable speed option works great ;)
Thanks for looking into the issue.

WayneC
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 02/23/2011 - 22:28
Thanks for the update, glad

Thanks for the update, glad the problem was resolved