Back to Top

m4a files are played at reduced speed

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
dandus
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 9 months ago
Joined: 05/18/2010 - 10:30
m4a files are played at reduced speed

Doggcatcher is great. I can't live without it.
There is just one thing and I am not sure if there is any remedy setting that can get around it.
I notice .m4a audio are always played at a reduced speed with the internal player. It is played fine with the external player on my phone.
I have tried a number of podcasts that serve .m4a audio files and the symptom is the same.
An example podcast is as follows: http://hkpeanut.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
I, of course, want to play it using the internal player as it will resumed from where I have left off. The external player will always played from the beginning.
DETAILS:
DoggCatcher Version: 1.2.4059
Device: Xiaomi MI 2s
Android Build: 4.1.1 JRO03L
Carrier: Smartone, Hong Kong
SUMMARY: m4a audio files are played at reduced speed
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Start DC
2. subscribe http://hkpeanut.podomatic.com/rss2.xml (one podcast that serves .m4a audio files)
3. download any one of the episodes and play via the internal player (not via the external player)
WHAT HAPPENS: the .m4a audio file played at reduced speed via the internal player
WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN: the .m4a file should be played at normal speed via the internal player
FREQUENCY: 100%
SEVERITY: Serious

WayneC
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2011 - 22:28
it's an encoding issue with

it's an encoding issue with the 香港花生 Hong Kong Peanut feed that isn't supported by the variable speed player - please disable " Variable Speed Beta" (In the DC Menu>Settings>Audio Player) DC has integrated “Stable Speed Library” as the default variable speed option and I can't reproduce the problem with other M4a feeds (Example "The AnandTech Podcast - M4A " feed http://www.anandtech.com/rss/podcastm4a so I believe it's how the files are encoded by the publisher of the feed, you could contact the publisher at "info (AT) hkpeanut (DOT) com" and let them know about the problem

gsharrow
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/02/2015 - 14:37
same issue

I have found another feed that appears to have the same issue. The daily audio bible looks to be using (.m4a files) and am having the same systems. This just started (I believe on 12/30) as before it used to work flawlessly.

Any thoughts?

WayneC
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2011 - 22:28
Contact the publisher of the

If the problem continues after disabling variable speed, contact the publisher of the daily audio bible feed and let them know about the problem, media files from the feed is probably being encoded incorrectly.

eric
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 11/06/2008 - 22:02
This is a bug in with our

This is a bug in with our variable speed. I've got it fixed and I'll release it to the beta testers today.

It would be great if anyone experiencing this could join the beta group to test it out. That will make sure it's fixed for the feeds you are having a problem with.

Beta details are here - www.doggcatcher.com/beta

Thanks for the help.

gsharrow
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/02/2015 - 14:37
thanks

Thanks Eric, I have the issue and I just joined the beta testing group

eric
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 11/06/2008 - 22:02
Cool, the current beta has

Cool, the current beta has the fix in it, let me know how it goes.

Thanks.

gsharrow
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/02/2015 - 14:37
tested

I tested the daily audio bible feed and version 1.2.5155 is working correctly (can use the variable speeds correctly).

Thanks let me know if you need anything else

eric
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 11/06/2008 - 22:02
Perfect, thanks for testing

Perfect, thanks for testing it out.